Fish sandwiches don't always have to be battered and deep fried. Try this lighter twist with my delicious caper aioli and surprise your taste buds!
- First, drizzle 2 Tbsp of the Canola Oil into a large skillet over medium heat.
- While the skillet is heating up, combine the spices together in a small bowl (Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Paprika). Next, cut the Cod fillet into 3 equal sized sections (picture below for reference). Gently rub the seasoning mix onto each piece of cod so that it is evenly covered. Place the cod into the skillet and cook on both sides for about 5-6 minutes (this will depend on how thick the pieces are). Remove from skillet when finished.
- While the cod is cooking begin prepping the French Baguette. Cut the rounded corners off each end. Next, cut the Baguette into three equal sections, about 6 inches each. Then, slice each section in half so that you have a top and bottom.
- Drizzle the remaining Canola Oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Place each of the bread sections into the skillet with the open side facing down. Cook until the bread has lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Now it's time to build the sandwiches! Smear 1 Tbsp of Caper Aioli on the top and bottom of each piece of bread. Next, place a piece of cod on top of the bottom piece of bread. Sprinkle some of the fresh dill on the top half of the bread. Lay on a few tomato slices, and finish with a small handful of Arugula. Repeat for the remaining two sandwiches.
- Enjoy with chips or your favorite side!